J.R. Ward is an independent country singer/songwriter originally from Chattanooga, TN who currently resides in Palm Coast, FL. Drawing influences from artists such as Waylon Jennings, Gary Allan, and Jamey Johnson, J.R. writes and sings songs that show elements of another time with a fresh new sound all of his own. J.R. tours throughout the Southeast and continues to win over crowds with his soulful authentic approach to his performances and songwriting.
One of the biggest influences early on in J.R.'s career was playing for people in assisted living and nursing homes. "You really find out what's important when you play music for people who are at the end of their life. It reminds me to do what I love, and that's creating memories with music."
J.R. has both headlined venues, and played support for national touring acts such as The Steel Woods, Ward Davis, Ray Scott, Wade Bowen, Dillon Carmichael, Josh Ward, Alex Williams and Sam Riggs throughout north and central FL. J.R. recently released his debut EP "My Own Way." The EP is named after and for one of his greatest inspirations, Waylon Jennings, who once said, "There's always one more way to do things, and that's your way..." J.R. is currently in the studio recording new music set for an early 2020 release!
Available for solo, acoustic duo, or full band. All booking inquiries sent to email@example.com
- Regularly featured on National Country Cumulus Radio for the 10 Minute Tune
- Radio airplay on Kix 98.7 in Palm Coast FL, KB Country Radio in Ontario, Canada, Simply Country Radio in the UK, Big Time Radio in Las Vegas, Nash Icon 107.9 in Chattanooga, TN, Florida Country Radio WBCW
- Featured in Nash Country Daily Article for 1st Single "Ready to Go" Which helped raise money for the Alzheimer's Association
- Released 5 song EP with Independent Record Label Organic Vinyl out of Asheville, NC.
- "90 Proof Sunrise" 70k plus Spotify Streams and is Media Base approved for radio airplay
- Played support for artists such as Wade Bowen, Ward Davis, The Steel Woods, Ray Scott, Dillon Carmichael, Alex Williams, Josh Ward and Sam Riggs throughout Central and North Florida.
-Played in St. Augustine Songwriters festival and will be featured in the Palm Coast Songwriters festival as well.
-New EP to be released in early 2020